The announcement at LotusphereÂ that Sametime 7.5 will be shipping in Q2-Q3 is good news, screenshots here.Â The screenshots were first posted several months ago by Paul.Â What do I like about the new client (again details are still sketchy as the feeds from bloggers in Lotusphere trickle out):
- ability to paste in screen shots or images
- ability to see in the chat window when someone disconnects!
- contact details displayed in the window (how many times have I asked “what is your number”)
- native VOIP ability (waiting to hear more about links with vendors and present VOIP suppliers)
- where are they functionality to link with google maps to add an additional social element to the experience (and help easily identify home workers or those working out of their normal office)
- Companies who will be integrating their telephony include Avaya, Polycom, Nortel, Siemens, Tandberg
Some interesting stats were delivered (this may just be sales spin):
- 8 of 10 top banks worldide use Sametime
- 8 of 10 pharmaceutical companies use ST
- 3 of 4 most profitable companies use ST
Data to produce this post has been taken from:
I look forward to more concrete information and a beta appearing for us all to test.